Caching_sha2_password error started for MySQL connections

Our current EasyMorph desktop implementation has been running for over 2 years without issue, however a few days ago one of our MySQL DBs can no longer be connected to for all of our ETL scripts. We get an error similar to the following:
Project C:<filepath><file>.morph ran with errors:
Error: Authentication to host ‘’ for user ‘’ using method ‘caching_sha2_password’ failed with message: Reading from the stream has failed.
Reading from the stream has failed.
Unable to read data from the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
Source: action “Export to database”, table “Imported table 1”

There have not been any MySQL Server changes or user account changes. The user was setup originally as “Standard” Authentication Type which is “mysql_native_password”. I have attempted to create a new connection in the connection manager, link to new Microsoft 64 bit ODBC DSNs, change/add new users - all of which result in the same error.
I also have restarted the Windows Server and restarted the mysqld service and cannot determine what changed to start this issue. Please advise.

Hello @jkraus and welcome to the Community!

Are you using a native or an ODBC MySQL connector?

Have you updated EasyMorph recently?

Can you please make the error appear again in one of your EasyMorph projects
and then send the Diagnostic information and the current Debug log to our support email?
It’s located in the “About” menu under the “Diagnostic information” icon.

Hello thanks for your reply. This is an older version of EasyMorph 4.7.1.14 with no known changes made to the Windows Server 2016 Standard or Mysql 8.0.22 cluster server. Issue appear to start between 8/24 and 8/25 as we can see last processed files on 8/24. Diagnostic info will be sent.

@jkraus, thank you for the log.

It seems that you are using a native MySQL connector.

Here is a StackOverflow answer that suggests a possible fix for this error:

If you don’t have to use SSL, you can try to add a custom property “SslMode” with the value “None” to your MySQL connector. Like this:

If you have to use SSL, the link contains suggestions for that case too.

Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks for the quick response. It does appear there was a network security change and disabling of Internet in our on-premise private cloud which prevented any outbound traffic. I assume the MySQL connections were still performing an SSL handshake which then failed to verify the certificate. When I disable as per your link it appears to resolve the issue. Thank you.

@jkraus, you are welcome!