Automatically export CSV file from command line

I am trying out EasyMorph for possible inclusion in a project. Here is where I am stuck…

My scenario is that I am reading two CSV files and merging them (details not important) and then exporting the resulting table as a CSV file. Simple enough.

I am running the EasyMorph job from the command line. The last step in my job is “export in to delimited text file” (currently with a hardcoded output file name). .

When I run from the command line , No matter what I do the job stops there and does not create the output file. (I have ensured it does not already exist) . The warning I get is :

“This action won’t calculate automatically as it might change external data of files. Run project manually to calculate all not calculated actions”

I have looked at the export documentation. I have searched the forum. I am stumped. I need to automate this process behind the scene (no user action required) and it never creates my output file.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @bajoriap and welcome to the community!

Are you using CLW for command line execution?

https://help.easymorph.com/doku.php?id=command_line

olysak,

Thanks for the reply.

My first step (where I am stuck) was trying to run morph.exe from the command line. Just

morph /c jobfilename.morph

This launches morph, loads the specified job file, and runs the job, but it stop on the last step (exporting the CSV file). It stops even if the file is not there (I have also selected over write in the step)

The same behavior is seen if I just double click (open) the job. Sam stop, wit the same warning.

I was hesitating to buy the CLW for $1,800 until I got the job working with hard coded file names.

Are you suggesting that with the CLW this would work?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @bajoriap,

See in your email inbox my answer to the question you submitted on our website.

Will do.
Thanks.

I’m having the same issue, what was the solution?

Starting from v5.0, running projects from the command line requires using CLW (Command-Line Worker) described above by @olysak. This capability still remains in versions of EasyMorph Desktop before 5.0 so you can use the older versions if you don’t need features appeared in versions 5.x.

I also have same requirements, automatically exporting file. Only last action says “This action won’t calculate automatically as it might change external data of files. Run project manually to calculate all not calculated actions”. Calling using cmd, automatically runs all the actions, but exporting is not done. How to do auto export?

Executing EasyMorph projects from the command line is only possible using the Command-Line Worker, a separate application licensed separately. If you used EasyMorph before version 5 was released (and CLW introduced) you can get a free CLW license by contacting sales@easymorph.com.