Access Dataverse data using EasyMorph

Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to access the database in the Dataverse environment through Easymorph?

Thank you,
Ashish

1 Like

Hi Ashish,

What's the Dataverse environment? Can you send a link to their documentation?

Hi Dmitry,

I am talking about Microsoft's Dataverse but I have not idea of it yet.

Thank you!

The Dataverse looks like another low-code table store from Microsoft with more advanced features than SharePoint Lists. EasyMorph doesn't natively support the Dataverse at this point. However, if you don't need the advanced features of the Dataverse, maybe SharePoint Lists would work for you. SharePoint Lists are natively supported by EasyMorph so you can read them, as well as update and delete rows in them.

I think it might be possible to create Rest API interface (HTTP Listener) with power automate to dataverse and use Rest api from easyMorph.

Following in on this thread.

MS Dataverse is the dtabase part of the MS PowerPlatform (Power Apps etc.).

It would be great to have a connection to Data Verse tables. I see a growth in these low code/ no code business based apps, and I'm also personally looking into building some business supporting app to capture "homeless" data - aka data living in shared Excel files.

Moved this topic to Feature requests. Other EasyMorph users are welcome to add comments to help us understand the degree of urgency with Dataverse.

@dgudkov Great to move it to a Feature request.

I see a couple of generic use cases – also based on the needs in the company I work for.

We can often query business core systems (ERP, CRM etc.) via database queries – either directly, on mirrored databases or data warehouses. The question is often where can we store the outcome of our ETL process?

Dataverse offers a more business-friendly alternative compared to a more traditional data base approach – e.g. MS SQL Server.

If you are a company who also uses the MS Azure Platform (Office 365, Power Platform etc.) you have the benefit of reusing users, workspaces and storage areas.

Besides storing results from EasyMorph projects, Dataverse can also hold “homeless” business related data, that cannot be stored in the core systems. Dataverse can replace some of the, more or less, formal Excel files scattered around the organizations, and thereby Dataverse will become an important data source for EasyMorph.

Use Case KPI:

1. Extract KPI related data from ERP (SQL Query)
  2. Import Business Excel file – if not in Dataverse
  3. Query/Import Business data from Dataverse tables
  4. Join and transform data to meet business needs
  5. Export result data to Dataverse tables that can be used by Power BI models, operational reports, further ad-hoc queries, other Power Apps etc.

External data Use Case:

1. Import external received Excel or CSV files from business partners
  2. Transform, merge and cleansing in EasyMorph
  3. Load result dataset into Dataverse making it available in downstream processes and platforms.