XML-processing without a file

Hi community,

it seems that we finally solved our issue with connnecting to RabbitMQ and receive messages.
Our messages contain different types of information. Most of them are of type XML. To directly process them with easymorph, it is necessary to load the XML as a file. I wonder if it would be possible to process a XML message without storing and reopening as a file? :thinking:
Our desired way would be: Import XML message from RabbitMQ via Powershell and directly process the payload of the message similar to the XML file processing (but without having a file). Is there a chance to do so?

Hi Jochen,

in version 4.1 we will be introducing new actions to work with JSON and XML:

Parse XML
Import JSON
Parse JSON

“Parse XML” will do exactly that - parse XML data from a column in EasyMorph.

2 Likes

Sounds great!

Thank you for the information, Dmitry.

Could we have the possibility in the “import XML files” action to choose an “input” source file sent from the master module?
I’m aware it would be rudundant with the “parse XML” action but maybe easier to implement.

Regards

Not sure I understand it correctly. If it's a file then its name can be passed from the master module via a parameter which is then used in the "Import XML file" action instead of a file name.

I’ve got xml content stored into database memo fields (financial reports of an organisation).

I attached an example of an extraction, the $Metadata of a rest API. XML content.dset (184.3 KB)

Once I get the content of the field I extract and transform the data into a module.
For that I extract the field as a xml file that I load in the module.

If I could send the content of the file directly to the module without the need to write a temporary file, it would be great. It would allow me to consolidate several reports into one result.

Regards

Here is a full exampleExtract xml example.morph (76.6 KB) XML content.dset (184.3 KB)

I see. The "Parse XML" action will allow parsing XML in a table cell as if it was read from a file.

By the way, you can write the response body (with XML) directly into a file (see below):