Of course, I completely understand.
Sorry for the delay. Busy week and then it took me a little while to realize how I could share some of the rows.
The source file is 8GB and I don’t have enough to isolate the single row causing the failure. And even if I could isolate the single row, Excel doesn’t appear interested in even trying to open the file (it literally does nothing - no error, just shows an hour glass for a sec, changes it mind then opens to a blank worksheet.) (I can almost swear I hear it saying, “ummmm…nope!”)
Anyway, here’s what I’ve done. I reversed the filter transformation to KEEP ONLY these rows where VendorName = “FRANKLIN COVEY COMPANY” (whereas before I was removing these rows. I then added an “Export to delimited text file” transformation step. The resulting file is here:
bad_importrows.csv (1.8 MB)
Disclaimer: it is possible that doing it this way changes the original “shape” of the row and the problem gets “transformed out” somehow. I didn’t see a transformation step that would just let me dump the original row into a textfile. If there’s a way to do this let me know and I’ll do so.
I’m also including the sql statement to create the table I’m trying to load the data into:
creeate_table.txt (3.5 KB)
I am using MySQL v 5.5.57 on Windows 7 Pro 64bit.
If there is a facility somewhere where I can upload/FTP an 8GB file for the community to attempt to load, let me know and I’ll kick it off before I go to bed (I’m in CST timezone.)
Let me know what else I can provide.