"Download File" action not working

Hello,

I’m using the “Download File” action to download a File from my client’s internal cloud. I have my user and password wich I indicate in the “Use credentials” fields.

When I run the action it does not fail, but the downloaded file is not an Excel file, it’s an HTML document with the information of the login page (at least that is what I think it is).

I’m attaching the file so you can take a look, am I doing something wrong? Is there another way to download the file?

Thanks!

FileDownloaded.xlsx (10.5 KB)

The “Download file” action works correctly. It downloads what the web server returns.

The reason you get an HTML page instead of an XSLS file is because the web page requires a web-form submitted in order to log in. The “Download file” action is not intended to work with this type of authentication. It should be emulated using the “Web request” action. See this topic: Login to website and download

Hello @dgudkov

Thanks for the quick reply, I’ve seen the other post and I’ve located the user and password fields, however, I not sure which path do I have to use, I don’t see the “action” attribute in the form.

Can you tell me please?

Thanks

Hello Dimitry,

Finally made it work!

Thanks for all the support!

Best regards.

Very good :slight_smile: :partying_face: You’re welcome!