Capturing Metrics

We are currently working to develop projects that capture information at a server level:

1. Most used connectors
  2. Most used actions
  3. Most called projects, most called modules
  4. Start time, ,end time, elapsed time (thank you Dmitry for the help!)

I would be interested to learn if any of you are doing similar things and how you are using that information. As an example: We are capturing most used actions to understand the main actions being used by our users and tailoring our training classes to focus on the actions new users will likely use the most as they begin working with data at our company.

So if you have any thing to share, I would be be very interested to hear!

Thanks.

Casey

1 Like

HI @jcaseyadams ,

It’s a bit of a late reply but you could parse the HTML documentation of the EasyMorph projects back through easy morph with regular expressions to pull out the pieces of data you are interested in. You may need to use PowerShell for pulling in the HTML files if EasyMorph can pull them in as they don’t really fit CSV, txt, etc, format.

This may also be of some help: finding-all-projects-with-particular-action

Hi @nathan.hitchman ,

We already have a project that captures the actions, but we are working to develop a more comprehensive capture of metadata related to the desktop. I believe that the new Data Catalog may include some metadata and telemetry data capture. In our organization, we allow most users to have access to data and are struggling some with good data governance. That is our real focus and I know we will solve our specific issues but was curious if others were pursuing the same goals.

Thanks!

1 Like